Analysis of the Effect of Work Motivation on Nurse Performance at PUSKESMAS

  • Ali Zaenal Abidin Universitas Pamulang
Keywords: Work Motivation, Performance

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the phenomenon and obtain empirical evidence, as well as conclusions about the effect of work motivation on the performance of the nurses at Community Health Center. This research uses quantitative descriptive methods. The type of data used is primary data. The sample used was 125 nurses. Data processed using SPSS 19 program. The results showed that (1) Simple Linear Regression Test Results produced a regression equation: Y = 22,292 + 0605 X. (2) The results of the correlation coefficient test of 0.522 included in the medium category. This means that work motivation has a moderate relationship with performance variables. (3) Determination Coefficient Test Results are 0.273. This means that work motivation variables contribute 27.3% to the performance variable. The remaining 72.7% is influenced by other factors not examined. (4) From the t test table it can be seen that t arithmetic> t table, which is 6,792> 0,676, meaning that the work motivation variable has a positive and significant effect on the performance  of the nurses at Community Health Center

References

Abdulsalam, D., & Mawoli, M. A. (2012). Motivation and job performance of academic staff of state universities in Nigeria: the case of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State. International Journal of Business and management, 7(14), 142.

Aisha, A. N., & Hardjomidjojo, P. (2013). Effects of working ability, working condition, motivation and incentive on employees multi-dimensional performance. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, 4(6), 605.

Armstrong, M. (2011). Armstrong's Handbook of Strategic Human Resource Management. Kogan Page Publishers

Awosusi, O. O., & Jegede, A. O. (2011). Motivation and job performances among nurses in the Ekiti State Environment of Nigeria. Int J Pharma and Bio Sciences, 2(2), B583-B595

Bonsu, C. A., & Kusi, A. (2014). Effects of motivation on job performance of local government workers in Ghana: A case study of Atwima Nwabiagya District Assembly in the Ashanti Region,„. International Journal of Management Sciences, 2(8), 337-250.

Cherian, J., & Jacob, J. (2013). Impact of self efficacy on motivation and performance of employees.

Chintalloo, S., & Mahadeo, J. D. (2013). Effect of motivation on employees’ work performance at Ireland Blyth Limited. In Proceedings of 8th Annual London Busin8ess Research Conference Imperial College, London, UK (pp. 8-9).

Kaswan. (2017). Psikologi Industri & Organisasi. Bandung. Alfabeta.

Kozlowski, S.W.J. (2012). The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Psychology, Volume 1. Oxford University Press

Kreitmer, Robert and Angelo Kinicki.(2011) Organizatinal Behavior. New York: McGraw-Hill.

Mathew, J., Ojeamiren, M. A., & Adeniji, S. (2012). Personnel Motivation and Job Performance in Some Selected Publishing Houses in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. Academic Research International, 3(1), 353.

Mawoli, M. A., and Babandako, A. Y. (2011). An Evaluation of Staff Motivation, Dissatisfaction and Job Performance in An Academic Setting. Australian Journal of Business and Management Research. Vol.1 (9). pp. 01-13

Newstrom, John W. (2011) Organizational Behvior, Human Behavior at Work. New York: McGraw-Hill Companies

Olalere, A. B. (2013). Effect of motivation on job performance by community development workers in osun state, Nigeria. International Journal of Community Development, 1(2), 48-57.

Rani, P.U. (2010). Integrated Child Development Services: A Study of Job Performance of Supervisors. Discovery Publishing House

Robbins, Stephen P. and Timorthy A. Judge. (2011) Organizational Behavior New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc
Sekaran, Uma.(2014). Metodologi Penelitian untuk Bisnis (Research Methods for Business). Buku 1 Edisi 4. Jakrta: Salemba Empat

Srivastava, T.N., Rego, S., (2011). Business Research Methodology. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-hill

Sugiyono. (2014). Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta

Sugiyono. (2017). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D. Bandung : Alfabeta
Published
2020-09-24
Abstract viewed = 71 times
PDF downloaded = 49 times